Sunday, 22 February 2015

It's so expensive to live in this country. I love it here but financially I cannot support myself.

What I'm most afraid of is that I barely have any earnings since I have been going to school since I was 4 years old. For 16 years now, I've been studying and expanding my knowledge. And I know that there's at least another 4 years of studying to go. 

By then, I would be 24 and afraid to start a family because I know that I would not have money to feed them as I would have to spend what I earn to pay off my education loan. 

My goal is to have kids by 28, latest. At the look of things now, it's honestly impossible unless I hit jackpot and win a house.

Many times, I feel like I can just stop once I get a diploma and just build a career from there. But being in a country where education is top priority in getting jobs and whatnots, it's not easy fulfilling that decision. 

What other options do we have anyway? If only I was born in 1970s. Where having an 'O' level certificate was a big deal, having a PSLE pass meant that you could have a job that pays $2,500 a month as they only cared about your skills and not level of education. 

Whenever the older generation comments on how they did this and that when they were our age need to realise that times have change drastically. We wish we were able to do what they've been able to accomplish, but sadly it's just not possible with the expectation of society. 

My biggest fear now is not having a roof above my head some time in life. The cost of the housing now is ridiculous. My mission is to get my parents to purchase a freehold apartment/house. This will put a peace in my mind that I'll have a home forever. Regardless of anything, there'll always be a roof above my head. Selfish? Maybe. 

I know for sure that I'm not the only one with this fear in our society right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment